97690 Building a Folding Model Railway Layout - A Comprehensive Guide
976-90 Building a Folding Model Railway Layout - A Comprehensive Guide
Determining where and how to store a model railway when it is not in use can be difficult, especially if space is severely limited; a folding railway layout can be the solution to this problem. The author has designed an ingenious folding wooden case that accommodates his truly remarkable N-gauge multi-track layout, and which is also suitable for an oval track layout in 00 gauge. In this fascinating book, the author describes all aspects of how to build the folding case and how to construct the layout within using lightweight materials such as rigid foam.
- Covers gauge sizes and design considerations
- Considers modelling materials, tools and adhesives
- Provides a comprehensive account of how to build the folding case and the layout, including laying the track, wiring and electrics, modelling the buildings and creating water effects
- Highlights some of the most remarkable features of the layout and shows the reader how to construct and install a working cable car, moving road vehicles, a revolving children's roundabout and a helicopter with motorized rotor blades
- Demonstrates creating lighting effects using LEDs and fibre optics